Project Update

Posted: March 10, 2011 in Uncategorized

This is just a little update as to where our project is at the moment.

Wheels: The Cannondale Hubs that we received are all spoked up (thanks Kentwood Cycle)  and ready to go on the car as soon as our tires come in.

Chassis: The basic aspect of the chassis are finished, we need to add some cross braces to restrict some twisting in the chassis. Also the role bar is almost ready to install wich will also help with the stability of the chassis.

Engine: We have installed our new jetted carburetor using a new intake that we machined. As soon as the rest of our drive train components arrive we will be able to install the engine on the chassis.

Overall the project is moving along very well, we hope to have a rolling chassis by next Friday before we all go on spring break.  We will also be finishing up our design report for the competition and will upload it as soon as it is complete.



Axles and Wheels

Posted: March 9, 2011 in Uncategorized

After many days of careful machining, we finally have axles for our Cannondale Lefty Hubs. Behold:

and attached to the wheel…

we just need tires and a tie rod to attach to a steering wheel and the steering system will be complete.


Posted: February 22, 2011 in Uncategorized

today we worked on the steering assembly machining the brass bushings and working on the attachment to the car.

Cannondale Hubs

Posted: February 21, 2011 in Uncategorized

Our lefty hubs for the front wheels just arrived! Thanks to Cannondale for donating and helping support Calvin Supermileage! hopefully we will be able to get the wheels all put together this week and have them ready to go onto the vehicle as soon as possible.

Making Progress

Posted: February 18, 2011 in Uncategorized

We built something! Special thanks to Reliable Automation for helping us out with the aluminum beams.

Inventor Model Complete

Posted: February 8, 2011 in Uncategorized

We sketched up a quick rough model using Autodesk Inventor. Details are subject to change.

The PPFS is the final report of the fall semester which shows what decisions have been made and where the project is at this time.